Residence Hall Closing Information 2013
Residents have two options to check-out of their room. Failure to check-out by one of these options will result in an improper check-out fine.
- Express Check-Out: Sign the Express Check-Out Envelope provided to you (taped to your door) and return to Residence Life in the Surbeck Center. If you have a room key, put the key in this envelope. If you do not have a key, you still need to return the signed envelope. Returning this Express Check-Out envelope informs Residence Life you have moved-out and allows us to check your room.
- Hall Director Check-Out: Email your Hall Director to arrange a "HD Check-Out." You must email and set-up an appointment by April 24, 2013. These check-outs must occur after you have removed all items from your room to allow for a complete inspection. At the check-out, your HD will take your room key, if needed.
All rooms must be returned to move-in condition. The below items must be completed prior to leaving:
- Clean room to return it to move-in condition (vacuum, dust, throw out trash, clean toilets/showers, etc.)
- Remove all personal items from room: donate, recycle, and trash as appropriate in bins and dumpsters
- Ensure all University furniture is in room - beds should be un-lofted and un-bunked (Connolly: beds should be bunked)
- Set thermostat to 70°
- Turn off all lights
- Lock Your Door
- Check-Out by a method listed above and return key (if needed)
Other Important Items to Complete
Before you leave, please ensure you have done the following important items
- Remove your bike from the bike racks. All bikes left on campus will be removed. If you are staying for the summer in Peterson, move your bike to a Peterson bike rack.
- Complete a "Change of Address" request online. If you are not returning to the residence halls next year, we will forward mail for only 12 months--make sure you change your address as needed. If you are returning to the residence halls next year, we will forward mail for the summer months.